- New Hope for Survivors of Stroke and Traumatic Brain Injury. Clark, I., CNS Drugs, 2012. 26(12): p. 1071-2; (Free Download).
Randomized Clinical Trial:
- Phase I/II parallel double-blind randomized controlled clinical trial of perispinal etanercept for chronic stroke: improved mobility and pain alleviation. S. J. Ralph, et.al., Expert Opin Investig Drugs, 2020: p. 1-16. Conclusions: Perispinal etanercept can provide significant and ongoing benefits for the chronic post-stroke management of pain and greater shoulder flexion by the paretic arm. Effects are rapid and highly significant, supporting direct action on brain function.
Edward Tobinick, M.D. – Selected Scientific Publications since 2009:
- Rapid intracerebroventricular delivery of Cu-DOTA-etanercept after peripheral administration demonstrated by PET imaging. Edward Tobinick, K Chen PhD, X Chen PhD. BMC Res Notes. 2009 Feb 27;2:28. (Free Download).
- Perispinal etanercept for neuroinflammatory disorders. Edward Tobinick. Drug Discovery Today. 2009 Feb;14(3-4):168-77. (Full Text Link).
- Perispinal etanercept: A New Therapeutic Paradigm in Neurology. Edward Tobinick. Expert Review of Neurotherapeutics. 2010 Jun;10(6):985-1002. (Free Download).
- Rapid Improvement of Chronic Stroke Deficits After Perispinal Etanercept: Three Consecutive Cases. Edward Tobinick. CNS Drugs. 2011 Feb 1; 25(2):145-155. (Link to Journal Article).
- Selective TNF Inhibition for Chronic Stroke and Traumatic Brain Injury – An Observational Study Involving 629 Consecutive Patients Treated with Perispinal Etanercept. Edward Tobinick, Kim NM, Reyzin G, et. al. CNS Drugs. 2012 Dec;26(12):1051-70. (Link to Journal Article).
- Perispinal Etanercept for Post-Stroke Neurological and Cognitive Dysfunction: Scientific Rationale and Current Evidence. Ignatowski TA, Spengler RN, Dhandapani KM, Folkersma H, Butterworth RF, Tobinick E. CNS Drugs, August 2014, 28(8):679-697, published online 27 May 2014. (Free Download).
- Authors’ Reply … Perispinal Etanercept for Post-Stroke Neurological and Cognitive Dysfunction: Scientific Rationale and Current Evidence. Ignatowski TA, Spengler RN, Tobinick E. CNS Drugs, December 2014, 28(12):1207-13. (Free Download).
- Immediate Neurological Recovery Following Perispinal Etanercept Years After Brain Injury. Edward Tobinick, Rodriguez-Romanacce H, Levine A, Ignatowski TA, Spengler RN. Clin Drug Investig. 2014 May;34(5):361-6. (Link to Journal Article).
- Perispinal Delivery of CNS Drugs. Edward Tobinick. CNS Drugs, 2016;30(6):469-80. (Free Download).
- On Overcoming Barriers to Application of Neuroinflammation Research. Edward Tobinick, Ignatowski, T., Spengler, R. In: Abreu GEA, ed. Mechanisms of Neuroinflammation: InTechOpen; 2017. (Free Download).
- Perispinal Etanercept for Traumatic Brain Injury. Edward Tobinick, Kinssies R, Kim N, et.al. Chapter 7, pp. 109-29, in New Therapeutics for Traumatic Brain Injury, KA Heidenreich, editor. Cambridge, Mass.: Academic Press. 2017. (Link to Book Chapter).
- Perispinal etanercept advances as a neurotherapeutic. Edward Tobinick, Expert Review Neurotherapeutics, 2018:1-3. (Free Download).
- Immediate Resolution of Hemispatial Neglect and Central Post-Stroke Pain After Perispinal Etanercept. Edward Tobinick, Clinical Drug Investigation, 2020;40(1):p.93-97 (Free Download).
- Rapid improvement in severe long COVID following perispinal etanercept. Edward Tobinick, R.N. Spengler, T.A. Ignatowski, M. Wassel, Samantha Laborde. Current Medical Research and Opinion, pub 2022 July 10, pp. 1-8. (Link to Journal Article).
- A published news story, Florida Doctor Gives Stroke Patients a New Shot at Mobility, Independence.
- Additional information about Edward Tobinick, M.D., including medical office, background, license, medical training.
- Edward Tobinick Scientific Publications – Google Scholar