Son comments on the immediate difference he saw after the first dose of his father’s anti-TNF treatment. This video documents the unprecendented rapid improvement that may occur after initiation of treatment at the INR. Includes video both before and after treatment and discussion by the patient’s wife and son.
Individual results may vary. Continuing maintenance treatment is necessary to maintain the clinical response. Some patients do not respond. For further scientific information, please see:
- Perispinal etanercept: a new therapeutic paradigm in neurology. Edward Tobinick MD. Expert Review of Neurotherapeutics. 2010 Jun;10(6):985-1002.
- TNF-alpha modulation for treatment of Alzheimer’s disease: a 6-month pilot study. Edward Tobinick MD, H Gross MD, Alan Weinberger MD, Hart Cohen MD. MedGenMed. 2006 Apr 26;8(2):25.
- Rapid improvement in verbal fluency and aphasia following perispinal etanercept in Alzheimer’s disease. Edward Tobinick MD, H Gross MD. BMC Neurology. 2008 Jul 21;8:27.
- Rapid cognitive improvement in Alzheimer’s disease following perispinal etanercept administration.Edward Tobinick MD, H Gross MD. Journal of Neuroinflammation. 2008 Jan 9;5:2.
Please see the following publications by scientists independent of the INR for additional scientific background:
- Intrathecal inflammation precedes development of Alzheimer’s disease. Tarkowski E, Andreasen N, Tarkowski A, Blennow K. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2003 Sep;74(9):1200-5.
- Perispinal etanercept: potential as an Alzheimer therapeutic.Griffin WS. J Neuroinflammation. 2008 Jan 10;5:3.